- January 23, 2019
- Posted by: admin
The age-old adage that a manager’s job is ‘getting superior results through other people’ remains true today. After so many years, organizations continue to espouse this theory without the knowledge or the tools to effectively put it into practice.
At IICT we support all levels of leader, from front-line staff through top management. We find ways to positively reinforce good work and we also encourage regular feedback that helps look at ways to improve or redesign an individual’s contribution in order to meet changing organizational needs. Successful coaching is about closing the gap between where your people are and where you need them to be.
Today, we have a new kind of worker doing a new kind of work. In the past few decades people’s attitudes towards work have undergone a drastic change. Not recognizing or acknowledging this change is an invitation to fail. What is needed for today is a new approach, a basic change in management concepts.
An added bonus is that coaching has a tremendous trickle-down effect. When people learn new skills they are often anxious to share their insights. Coaching improves both people and organizations. At BLI Executive Coaching we will help your employees:
- Get a broader overview of what makes a business successful
- Understand their superior’s work needs in order to create value and minimize problems
- Understand the dynamics of motivation
- Communicate more effectively
- Become stronger team players
- Work towards a higher level of achievement
- Resolve conflict
- Contribute ideas and volunteer for projects more readily
- To create an enthusiastic and supportive organizational culture
- Learn what is required as an ambitious career person
- Enjoy an improved quality of work life
Managers must constantly remember that employees rarely, if ever, perceive things the way a manager does. Just because a person does the same actions that you do doesn’t mean that he or she is motivated by the same needs.
Coaching improves both people and organizations.